If you play the guitar or even any other kind of musical instrument you would know the importance of an amplifier. Every guitarist needs an amplifier to get the right sound and make sure they create the music that they are thinking about. It’s more than just buying another music tool as you are investing to get the right sound. So if you are a professional or even passionate guitarist, you would be looking for the perfect amplifier.
Although the old-school big amplifier would be the least of your concerns or interests. What you need is an amplifier that you can play with on the go. This is why people are investing in portable guitar amplifiers. These are battery-operated mini amplifiers that you can play and plug anywhere and anytime you want.
There are plenty of portable guitar amplifiers available in the market right now. But not all of them offer the same degree of performance and get you the sound of your choice. This is why it is important that you take your time and put your efforts into finding the right kind of portable guitar amplifier for yourself.
Since it seems like a tough job, we are here to save you from the trouble of going through numerous portable guitar amplifiers as that will confuse you. So here we are with a list of the 11 best portable guitar amplifiers that you can invest in. So move ahead and find the best one for yourself. Also, take a look at the buying guide we have shared at the end of the article to know more about how to choose the best portable guitar amplifier. Here are the top portable guitar amplifiers that you can buy.
- 1 Best Portable Guitar Amplifiers
- 1.1 1. Blackstar Fly 3 Bluetooth- 3W
- 1.2 2. Vox Mini3 G2 Guitar Amp
- 1.3 3. Yamaha Thr10c Mini Guitar Amplifier
- 1.4 4. Roland Micro Cube GX Modeling Amp-3W
- 1.5 5. Yamaha Thr10A Combo Amp- 10W
- 1.6 6. Fender Mini’57 Twin Amp
- 1.7 7. Boss Katana Mini Amplifier
- 1.8 8. Vox Pathfinder 10 Guitar Amp
- 1.9 9. Marshall MS4 Mini Micro Full Stack
- 1.10 10. Roland Cube Street 5W
- 1.11 11. Pignose Legendary 7-100
- 1.12 Buying Guide for Portable Guitar Amplifiers:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best Portable Guitar Amplifiers
Blackstar is one of the best brands when it comes to finding the best amplifiers, so naturally, amplifiers favorite brand to go for. Here this one, as its name suggests, comes with Bluetooth connectivity. So it would be able to connect with your phone or laptop easily. This will give you more freedom and control. So it would also serve as a Bluetooth speaker as well and you can connect to the stereo with an extensional speaker.The battery life is up to 50 hours at a lower level (Bluetooth off) with a power rating 3-Watts. The speaker is 3 inches and its power source is 6 AA batteries or DC. It also features good controls. You will get headphones and extension speaker inputs. It weighs 2lbs so it won’t be that heavy. Overall it is a pretty good choice for a portable guitar amplifier buy.
Vox Mini3 G2 Guitar Amp is another one of the leading choices for a portable guitar amplifier. Vox is one of the most reputable brands for sound equipment. Second,they have never let us down with their performance and they have always made sure their customers boosted the best product possible.With Vox Mini3 G2 Guitar Amp, you will have 3 watts of power along with 11 amp simulators and 8 effects including delay, flanger, and chorus. It can be powered by a battery as well as AC.It weighs 3 kgs and also comes with a strap so carrying it around would be a piece of cake. You would be able to plug in other devices like a microphone, mp3 player, or even your phone.Overall, it features excellent quality and performance so you would love to have it.
Next on our list is Yamaha Thr10c Mini Guitar Amplifier, and this is by far the best portable guitar amplifier you can find. You would love to have it as Yamaha has never disappointed with its quality or performance when it comes to sound equipment and especially the amplifiers or buffers. Here you will get a 3-inch speaker that produces a nice and focused sound. It also features several input options as well.It would run on 6 AA batteries or even AC. It weighs less and is easy to carry around. Here you would love to take it with you and produce the sound that you always wanted.
Roland Micro Cube has also made it to our list of best portable guitar amplifiers. They have always managed to impress the critics and the connoisseur of amplifiers with their innovative and advanced technology. It is a 3 watt amplifier with a battery life of 20-25 hours. The speaker is of 5 inches and makes sure it provides a good sound. Here you will get a number of controls in using Amp type, memory, tuner etc.It weighs 6 lbs, which is reasonable given the big speaker. Here you will get multiple input options as well so you can connect your headphone and REC. You will also find 8 DSP effects. Overall, you will be pretty satisfied with the functionality and there is not much to complain about either, so this seems like a decent option.
5. Yamaha Thr10A Combo Amp- 10WWe have yet another Yamaha amplifier for our list of best portable guitar amplifiers. Here this one, as we have said earlier, features a great brand value with the best quality and performance. It is an acoustic focused battery powered guitar amplifier.Guitarists loved its sound as it wasn’t distorted or brittle as it produced a more natural and focused sound. The power rating is 10 watts which is higher than others on this list. Because of the huge power, it gives you a battery life of 6 to 7 hours only. But it is powered by DC as well as by 8 AA batteries so you can easily charge it when needed. There are multiple input options available and you will also be able control it as per your preferences. Here the amplifier weighs 4.4 lbs, which would be easy to take anywhere. Overall you would love it, so take a look at this one and see if it can impress you.
Fender Mini ’57 Twin Amp is another one of the leading portable guitar amplifiers that you can buy. This one would go anywhere nicely without taking too much room. So whether you want to keep it in your room, studi or even your desktop, this should be your first option. You would also like the vintage vibes this amplifier gives you. Here what you would love the most is its 1 Watt modest speaker.It produces the perfect sound as well, not too loud to disturb your neighbors and not too low either. It features a vintage cover along with a handle which makes it a perfect choice for someone who wants to travel with their portable guitar amplifier. It can be powered by batteries or the AC.Overall, if you want a decent and compact guitar amplifier then this one should be your first choice.
If you want to go by the best customer reviews and ratings, then Boss Katana Mini Amplifier should be your first choice. This one features a robust 7 W power that provides a wide range of tones and delivers the best sound possible. This one doesn’t just promise a good sound but it also makes sure you love working with this one.This one may seem small, but it is really powerful, this is why it is a leading choice. This one features a great set of controls too, including Amp type, volume gain, bass, middle, treble, delay time, delay level etc. You will also find some inputs and outputs options.
If you are a versatile artist who loves to play different kinds of music then Vox Pathfinder should be your first choice for the best portable guitar amplifier. This one lets you play all kinds of music and make sure you get the perfect sound. It features a 10 watt combo that would serve you well.Whether you are jamming in the studio or at your home, this one makes sure you always get the best performance along with the right sound. Along with its amazing quality and excellent features, you will get a great set of controls as well. Make sure you consider this one before you lock your portable guitar amplifier to buy.
Marshall MS4 Mini Micro Full Stack is our next pick and for what it’s worth, it is indeed one of the best portable guitar amplifiers you can pick. It’s small in size so it would be pretty ideal to take up on the street and showcase your talent.It is a 1 watt amplifier that plays decent sound. The sound would be free from distortion, balanced and clean. It also features 2 speaker cabs, headphone output so you can rock in private. It can be powered by a 9V battery or AC adapter.
We have yet another best portable guitar amplifier for traveling musicians. This one features the best performance and makes sure the users gets the best quality sound with its 5Watt power. Here it can be connected to both vocals and guitar.The amplifiers feature modulation effects such as flanger, reverb, chorus etc. The battery would last up to 15 hours and it can be charged via the AA batteries or a DC adapter. It weighs 13 lbs so it is heavier but it would still be easy to handle.
Pignose Legendary comes as a powerful yet compact portable guitar amplifier. It may feature a robust and heavy-duty look but it is still lightweight. Like other options on our list, this one too runs on batteries or AC.This one is highly responsive, features a great volume level and a good overall performance. It can be connected to a larger speaker as well. Overall, you would certainly like this one as your portable guitar amplifier, so you can spend your money on this one.
Buying Guide for Portable Guitar Amplifiers:There are a few features that can be the determining factors of your guitar amplifiers overall performance. That is why you need to look for those specific factors before you buy the amplifier for your guitar. These features would help you to know which one is the best portable guitar amplifier for you. Here is the list of features that you need to consider before buying the portable guitar amplifier.
1. Types of Portable/Mini Guitar AmplifiersThe first thing you need to figure out is which type of portable guitar amplifiers you want to buy. There are typically two types of portable guitar amplifiers that you will find. The first ones are the mini guitar amps also known as the micro amplifiers. These types of portable guitar amplifiers are just the mini version of bigger amplifiers but they offer as good of a performance. These types of amplifiers are for electric guitarists or someone who wants to play guitar with the right sound on the go.Second type of portable guitar amplifiers are used to connect to a stereo system and they offer a boost sound to that system as well. If you want to directly connect the amplifier to the stereo system then these would be ideal for you.
2. Power OutputThe power output is a leading factor that contributes in the performance of a guitar amplifier. The power output is measured in wattage. The general thumb rule would be the more power output a guitar amplifier has the better will be the power and the performance. For a portable guitar amplifier, one to five watt should be ideal.
3. Battery LifeSince most of the portable guitar amplifiers are battery operated, it leaves you with an option to find a portable guitar amplifier with good battery life. Although you should keep in mind that the more powerful amps would come with less battery life so you will get a limited battery life if you choose the best model that produces a good sound. You should also know that the more battery life would make your portable guitar amplifier heavier.
4. Onboard EffectThe onboard effects would be limited in a portable guitar amplifier however the regular sized amplifier would offer a huge range of onboard effects. More or less, you can find the amplifiers that gets you a decent range of onboard effects that you like.
5. Input OptionsBuy a portable guitar amplifier that features a good number or input options. You don’t want to stick with the amplifier that can’t be connected to your phone or laptop. Here you would also like a headphone line so you can practice in silence.
6. Size of SpeakerSpeaker size is another one of the leading factors to worry about. The smaller speaker size offers you a more focused and brighter sound. Whereas the larger speaker would be warmer and fuller. Overall, some of the smaller speakers of portable amplifiers are more ideal as they provide you the right sound. So just check the speaker size as well as the quality. Bear in mind that the larger speaker would make it heavier.
7. Weight and PortabilityWeight and portable are also the greatest factors that you would like to consider. Since you are buying a portable guitar amplifier you would want it to take away with anywhere. This would only be possible if the amplifier is lightweight. So make sure you don’t go with the heavier amplifier.To enhance the portability, you would also like to have a handle or a carrying bag for your portable speaker. So make sure you take a look at the weight and the portability of your amplifier.
8. PriceThe price is always a factor that you must consider before buying. You don’t want to overspend on a portable guitar amplifier that doesn’t come with good enough features or the one with less price value. So make sure you look at the overall features and compare it with its competitors to figure out the value for your money and if it is actually worth it. Set a budget and then look for the best portable guitar amplifiers in that range as well.
9. Customer ReviewsCustomer reviews are also a very important factor to consider. Here you don’t want to rush into anything and end up with the wrong product. Make sure you check out the customer reviews, so you can know how it would perform and if it would live up to the expectations. The people who are using it currently would be able to tell best about the product so you can rely on them.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best portable guitar amplifiers that you can buy. These are popular, feature packed, offer an excellent performance and come in a budget as well. You would also like the fact that customers have liked them and gave these mini amplifiers good ratings and reviews. So these would be some of the nice portable guitar amplifiers to invest in.Overall, you would love these picks and you can’t find any better portable amplifiers than these. So you can buy any of the aforementioned portable guitar amplifiers and you won’t be disappointed.Here we have come to an end for the article and we hope you loved the article and found everything you have been looking for. Thank you for visiting.