Who doesn’t like grilling while camping or on a Sunday morning in their yard? Well, we all looked like that, didn’t we? Although for that you need nice equipment for grilling which you all can easily use regardless of time and place. The traditional grills might be too big to move anywhere and this is why they can’t be taken to many places, especially when it comes to camping or road trips. This is where the portable pellet grills come into the picture and saves the day.
The portable pellet grills are a great way to get the authentic smokers experience and cooking with the woods. This gives your food a perfect smokey smell and a nice charred look as well. These combine the elements of charcoal, smokers, gas grills, and kitchen ovens. So if you are a fan of cooking and want to grill something perfectly with wood then a portable pellet grill would be the best choice for you.
As their name suggests, the portable pellet grills are not that heavy or large and come with perfect dimensions which makes it easy to carry them around and use them anywhere you like. Lately, portable pellet grills have been gaining lots of popularity and their market has increased from the past some time. So if you look for portable pellet grills you will find a number of options in the market. This can be a little overwhelming as you may get confused over what to choose and what to leave which is why you may need our help in finding the best portable pellet grills.
In this article, we are going to list down the top portable pellet grills which are highly recommended by the customers and come with great features and would be good in overall quality and functionality. To help you more we will be discussing the buying guide where you will learn how to choose the top portable pellet grill.
Go ahead and take a glance at the following best portable pellet grills:
- 1 Best Portable Pallet Grills
- 1.1 1. Recteq RT-340 Portable Pellet Grill
- 1.2 2. Camp Chef Pursuit Portable Pellet Grill
- 1.3 3. Pit Boss Sportsman Portable Pellet Grill
- 1.4 4. Grills Grills Chimps
- 1.5 5. Traeger Tailgater Pellet Grill and Smoker
- 1.6 6. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett WiFi Pellet Grill
- 1.7 7. Camp Chef Woodwind Classic 24 Pellet Grill
- 1.8 8. Traeger Junior Elite 20 Pellet Grill
- 1.9 9. Country Smokers Portable Wood Pellet Grill/Smoker
- 1.10 10. Traeger Ranger Portable Pellet Grill
- 1.11 11. ASMOKE AS300 Electric Portable Wood Pellet Tailgating Tabletop Grill
- 1.12 Things to Consider While Buying Portable Pellet Grills:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best Portable Pallet Grills
Recteq is a popular brand that has been making some of the best products and impressing their customers, and one of those products is a portable pellet grill which you would find worthy of your money. The brand has lived up to its expectations by making the premium quality portable pellet grill that won’t let you down.This portable pellet grill has been made entirely from stainless steel which makes it highly durable and strong enough to withstand the weather and cooking. Apart from the stainless steel construction it also features a ceramic ignitor rod that can’t corrode or rust which means that it can last a lifetime and even more than that.With this portable pellet grill, you will get a surface area of 340 square inches which would be enough to cook a turkey or a feast for several people. If you need more space then you can attach an additional cooking rack which will increase the surface area up to 511 square inches.Users would get a precise and nice temperature controller which means you will be able to cook recipes that require accurate temperature. One of the best things about this would be its WiFi controller which would help you to get your cooking on point and let you know when the food is nicely cooked. For safety features, it has an automatic shut down, locking hopper lids, folding and locking legs, and so on. Lastly, it comes with a 2-year warranty.Overall, if you are looking for premium quality and advanced portable pellet grill then this should be your best choice.
Camp Chef Pursuit Portable Pellet Grills is another best portable pellet grill that you want to know about. This one too has impressed a lot of its customers and became a leading and popular option for anyone who likes to look at pellet grills.The folding legs and rolling suitcase make it highly portable and easy to pack with. It is easy to control and has a temperature controller with a range of 160°F-500°F with a 5 degree Fahrenheit increment. The cooking surface is about 501 square inches which are ideal and enough for a few people. The overall weight of the grill is about 82 lbs which are not that heavy and easy to work with. The pellet grill is made up of powder-coated steel and stainless steel, so it would last longer without rust or corrosion.Overall, it is really compact and highly portable, so you can take it anywhere and you won’t have to sacrifice the quality either. This also comes with a warranty period of 3 years, so you can easily invest in it. You will get great value for your money so go ahead and check it out.
Pit Boss is another one of the leading portable pellet grills that you would be happy to invest in. This one too is very compact and lightweight which makes it highly portable and easy to carry around. Not only does it function pretty well but it is also very good-looking and would catch everyone’s attention. This one looks pretty rugged and hard-core and this would certainly make sure that it provides you higher durability as well as reliability, so you get the best value for your money and also the best food as well.It is made up of powder-coated stainless steel and also features porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, so you don’t have to worry about it getting rust or corrosion in the near future. The cooking area is about 387 square inches which are pretty impressive. For more convenience, it also features built-in handles, a latching lid, and overall strong built construction. You will also get both direct and indirect functions and heat options such as grill, bake, smoke, sear, braise, or toast. It is pretty versatile in nature and would help you cool a wide range of recipes. Lastly, you will also get 5 years of warranty.
Another one of the leading portable pellet grills that have impressed us and made it to our list is none other than Grilla Grills Chimps. This is a pretty great option for anyone looking for power and portability which lets them cool their favorite meals with good flavors anywhere without any hassle. It is lightweight and compact which makes it highly portable and here you would also find folding legs.Here, you will get many options including the temperature controller which is accurate and precise and the temperature ranges from 180°F to 500°F. The cooking area is around 340 square inches and you can boost that up with an additional rack up to 120 square inches. The pellet is made up of a mix of powder-coated stainless steel and stainless steel material, this would enhance the durability and make sure it stays with for a long time.It weighs around 90 lbs and is easy to pack away and travel with. Moving on you will also get 2 years of warranty so it would be a great choice for you.
Next on our list of top-rated portable pellet grills are Traeger Tailgater Pellet Grill and Smoker. The best part about this one is that it is also one of the cheapest portable pellet grills which don’t compromise with the overall quality and functionality and give you great value for money as well.This one offers great reliability and portability as it is lightweight and compact and can be easily packed away and used anywhere. It is nicely built and features higher durability as the material used in making is stainless steel and porcelain-coated stainless steel. Its cooking capacity is around 300 square inches which makes it ideal for a couple of people. The temperature ranges from 160°F-460°F with an increment of 5 degrees Fahrenheit.It weighs around 6w lbs which makes it one of the most lightweight options on our list and you would certainly like how easy it is to use and carry around. The warranty period is 3 years.
With WiFi features and great control over the cooking style and techniques, Green Mountain has also become one of the best portable pellet grills to invest in. It is entirely made up of stainless steel and features good durability as well. Although the cooking capacity is lesser than other options here with just 219 sq inches, it would be ideal for up to a couple of people. The heat range is 150°F – 550°F and you would be able to cook at a precise temperature. It’s lightweight and the warranty period is of 2 years.
We have another leading portable pellet grill from Camp Chef and this one is the classic 24 pellet grill which is considered as highly portable and lightweight. The cooking surface area is around 570 square inches and the temperature range is 160°F – 500°F.Four wheels help you move it from one place to another. There is a meat probe included with a dual temperature display (meat and grill). There are also different shelves for working and storage.It is pretty easy to work with and also of high quality, you will also find a WiFi controller. A warranty period of 3 years is also included.
Traeger Junior Elite 20 Pellet Grill has also made a place in our list and you would certainly want to invest in this one given its clean lines, efficient designs, and advanced temperature controller. For accessories, you will find grease buckets that make your cooking experience less messy.The cooking surface area is 300 square inches and there is enough room for grilling a large variety of burgers at once. The temperature range is from 200 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s lightweight and sturdy, and cooking food would be a pleasant experience as well.
Country Smokers Portable pellet grill comes with a large cooking area and some of the best features that make cooking and grilling a fun activity. There is a temperature analog and you would be able to move it around with its big wheel. The material used in this portable pellet grill is a porcelain-coated steel cooking grid and a meat probe is also included. The temperature range is 140°F – 500°F. Overall, it’s a pretty great portable pellet to invest in.
If you are looking for an extra compact portable pellet grill then this one would be a good option as you can easily fit it into your car trunk and use it anywhere. The temperature ranges from 160-450 degrees Fahrenheit. The cooking capacity is around 184 square inches which are enough two people at a time. It is made up of powder-coated steel, porcelain-coated steel, and also includes a cast iron griddle as well. The warranty period is 3 years.
This one is a perfect portable pellet grill with electric compatibility. This one has a capacity of 256 square inches which is pretty good. The temperature ranges from 180°F to 500°F and it also features an LED digital temperature dial which is easy to control and analyze. Overall, it is a pretty amazing electric portable pellet grill, so go ahead and check it out Amazon, you might wanna buy it right away.
Things to Consider While Buying Portable Pellet Grills:Since there are so many choices in the market that it would be hard to choose one among others. This can be because you may not have the right knowledge about what makes a portable pellet grill best and what are features to look for while buying. So here we are listing some of the things that you would need to consider while buying the top portable pellet grills.
1. SizeOne of the first things to consider in a portable pellet grill would be its size and overall dimensions. The thing is, when you are buying anything portable, you would want them to be compact and not too large so that you would be able to pack them away and travel with them whenever you want. This is why size becomes an important factor to consider.You need to look for portable pellet grills which come in a compact size so that they can be easily traveled with and you won’t have any issues packing them away.
2. Cooking Surface AreaThe cooking surface area is another one of the things that you would need to look after before buying your portable pellet grill. The cooking area should be sufficient for you to cook for a number of people. That means you need to consider the number of people you would be cooking for. Because you don’t want to cook in rounds and spend all day cooking just because you can’t cook for multiple people at once.You would want to buy a small and compact portable pellet grill but you don’t want to invest in too small. So make sure the cooking surface area is ideal for you and you would be able to cook enough food at once.
3. Design and FeaturesDesign and features are also something that would need your attention whenever you are buying a good portable pellet grill. Since all the pellet grills would be different from one another, their design and features will also vary. This means you need to make sure what kind of features you are getting with the portable pellet grill. The design will also vary and each one has its own sets of advantages, so you need to look after that as well.Features such as hooks, lid locks, surface area, wheel, quality, and autoignition among the others are necessary to consider as they can make a huge difference and impact the overall quality and functionality.
4. Durability and SustainabilityAnother one of the things that you would need to consider would be the durability and the sustainability of the portable pellet grill. You have to keep in mind that the portable pellet grill would be taken to several places and it needs to be strong enough to stand anywhere without being wobbly or too weak.This is why you need to check the overall build quality and make sure that you know what kind of material has been used in the making and how strong it is. Materials like stainless steel would be a good choice as it is lightweight, strong, rust-resistant, and would last longer.Overall, check the build quality and the used material to know how durable the portable pellet grill is.
5. Accessories and BonusesAnother one of the things that you would need to check out would be the accessories and the bonuses that you will get with the portable pellet grill. For starters, not all the pellet grills would come with accessories or bonuses which would be fine if the quality is pretty high. On the other hand, some of them do include some accessories and bonuses that can be cost-effective and enhance your cooking experience as well.Here, you would certainly find the cover helpful as it would make the food cook faster and also protect it. The grease buckets are also useful as well. Overall, it’s up to you what kind of portable pellet grill you choose but a little extra stuff would be nice to have.
6. Wheels and WeightAnother thing that you may wanna consider would be the weight and the wheels. The weight should not be too heavy because it is hard to move the portable pellet grill. On the other hand, the wheels are pretty convenient as they make it easy to move it around and place it anywhere you like. The height of the wheels and their overall quality are also something you would want to consider.
7. Warranty and CustomerAnother one of the things that you may want to consider would be the warranty and the customer service provided by the manufacturer. You need to keep in mind that a warranty would be pretty helpful in case something goes wrong with the pellet grill within a limited time so that you can ask the manufacturer to fix or replace it or the broken parts without any additional charges. In this whole process, the customer’s services should be ideal and easy to navigate with so you don’t have to struggle with contacting them.
8. PriceThe price is always a factor to consider, no matter what you are buying. When it comes to portable pellet grills you would want to buy the best quality pellet grill at a cheaper price. So here, you would have to make a balance between the quality and the price and end up with the best portable pellet grill at a budget-friendly price.It would be helpful if you make a budget and then look for the best portable pellet grill within that budget range.
9. Customer ReviewsLast but not least, you have to go through the reviews given by the customers who have already bought the product and are currently using them as well. This would help you to make an informed decision and you would be able to end up with nice pellet grills which are portable and highly efficient to work with.After all, who can tell you better than the people who are already using the given product? So make sure you take their opinions and then make up your mind. Overall, the products that we have mentioned in our list have some great reviews by the customers and high ratings too, so you would be safe with the aforementioned options.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best portable pellet grills that you can invest your money in. Since everyone likes the smokey taste many companies are considering making portable pellet grills, so investing in them won’t be a bad idea as you can use them anywhere and anytime. Whether it’s a Sunday morning or a nice evening while camping, you can easily enjoy a good meal with nice flavors.All the aforementioned portable pellet grills have received high ratings and great reviews from their customers as they come with a good set of features. So choose any of the above-mentioned portable pellet grills according to your requirements and budget.That would be all and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for, thank you.