Singapore is known as one of the largest commercial hubs in the world. Other than that Singapore has also achieved other superlative titles as well, that is, the most expensive city in the world, the cleanest, best planned, as well as one of the most entertaining cities in the world.
When we talk about Singapore, all we think about is technology, tall building, and the best urban lifestyle that you can come across. But Singapore is much more than that, here you would find more things to do, some of which may come as a surprise to you. Tourists love the fact that they can experience both the rural as well as urban lifestyle in Singapore. From an extraordinary architect to exploring nature, you would find everything here.
Being at a place where you can do so many things and where you might get lost the track of time, you might find a little bit to plan the trip. So we are here to save you from the trouble of figuring out what is placed to visit and what things to do in Singapore. We have prepared a list of things to do in Singapore which makes sure you have the best time in Singapore.
- 1 Things To Do In Singapore
- 1.1 1. Gardens By the Bay
- 1.2 2. Singapore’s Chinatown
- 1.3 3. Orchard Road
- 1.4 4. Little India
- 1.5 5. National Gallery Singapore
- 1.6 6. Singapore Botanic Garden
- 1.7 7. Singapore Zoo
- 1.8 8. Marlion Park
- 1.9 9. Santos
- 1.10 10. Singapore Flyer
- 1.11 11. Singapore Cable Car
- 1.12 12. St. Andrew’s Cathedral
- 1.13 13. Thian Hock Keng
- 1.14 14. Night Safari
- 1.15 15. S.E.A Aquarium
- 1.16 Conclusion –
Things To Do In Singapore
1. Gardens By the BayOne of the first things that you would wanna see in Singapore is Gardens By the Bay. It’s an urban jungle where you would find the taste of nature and that too without experience the trek. It’s a perfect blend of mother nature with the metropolis and the place offers several things to do here.One of the most popular landmarks in Gardens of Bay is Supertree Grove. which features the 18 super trees which support the OCBC skyway which offers the aerial walkway where you can see the view of the surrounding. The flower domes and the cloud forest are other amazing things to see.The flower dome is the largest greenhouse in the world and showcases flowers grouped by the country. You would also find the world’s largest indoor waterfall. You would also find a few other things that you like to see.
2. Singapore’s ChinatownWe all know that most of the population of Singapore consists of immigrants and some portion of the population consist of Chinese ethnic groups that have migrated over centuries ago. Chinatown is one of the best places to explore in Singapore and it’s big enough to occupy you for half a day.The Chinatown is divided into five districts and each one of them has something unique to offer its tourists. You will find a lot of places to eat, shop and to have a good drink as well. When it comes to the best places to est in Chinatown, you might wanna go to Smith Street, New Bridge Road. The Tangong Pagar district is popular for its active nightlife here you would find some of the best bars, pubs, and Karaoke Lounges.You will also find some of the oldest mosque and temples in Chinatown where you get to admire their architect and the vibrant colors. Overall the place should be a perfect one for you to explore.
3. Orchard RoadBeing a commercial hub and a metropolitan city, Singapore features its own commercial avenue that is the Orchard Road. It can be colored with the Times Square of New York! Here all you find crows, the people don’t stop for even a second, the sound of cars and all the buzz around you reflects the busy lifestyle of the city.The name of the street was taken from history, as the place was a landmark for the trade and presence of fruit Orchard, nutmeg plantation, pepper farms, in the early 19th century.In the present day, the place offers over 47 shopping malls scattered around the street, and they all feature the high-end luxury brands and you can find any designer clothes. There are also many top-rated eateries, clubs, theaters, and other things to explore. It’s the heart of Singapore and you would certainly love exploring it.
4. Little IndiaLittle India is another popular place that you would love to explore. This place feels like a whole another world as it’s very distinct from the mainland and keeps you busy with its unique culture and history.A dense street network is present in Little India, where you can find so many things to buy and explore. You can find anything from colorful fabrics to flower garlands. There is also a spice shop where you can find some of the best and high-quality spices.You would also like to explore the Hindu temples in Little India which featured the culture of India. There are also several restaurants where you can find the taste of northern and south Indian food. You should plan your visit here smartly as weekends are pretty busy and crowded and you wouldn’t want that!
5. National Gallery SingaporeThe National Gallery exhibits artifacts from the early 19th century to the present day. The variety of art and artifacts exhibited in the Museum comes from Southeast Asia and Singapore. Not only the exhibitions in the Gallery but the building itself is pretty amusing and visitors are pretty impressed with the facilities and the architect of the building.Here you will also find restaurants and cafes to grab a bite so you don’t have to get out of the building in case you feel hungry while exploring the historic artifacts in the National Gallery. Overall it’s pretty amazing and you would learn and explore so much there, so don’t miss out on this one.
6. Singapore Botanic GardenThe Botanic Garden of Singapore is also one of the must-visit places in the city. Here you would not only find the variety of plants and trees but the huge space and plenty of parks go just sit back and relax with a beautiful view of plants and the skyscrapers.The botanic garden covers 60 acres and features a variety of flowers and plants which look stunning and breathtaking with all the vibrant colors and the well-maintained gardens. Although the temperature can be a little bit disturbing for some people so people are advised to bring their ester bottles with themselves to save themselves from heat strokes. You should also allot a specific time for the visit to the Botanic Garden of Singapore as there is so much to see, you are free to bring your picnic basket and soak yourself up in the scenic view of the garden.
7. Singapore ZooOne of the other things that tho might want to see in Singapore is to visit the zoo. This almost feels like an actual jungle (very different from the urban jungle in the city though). The zoo is so big that it is divided into 11 different zones and has 12 exhibits. Here you would find yourself close to the wildlife.You would find the primates where you would 39 species of primates and there is also an elephant of Asia exhibit where you would find five big elephants from Srilanka, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Visitors can also go on safari, watch animal shows, and go to tours. The animals are kept in their natural habitat and you can also feed animals. The zoo is well maintained and you would have a great time here.
8. Marlion ParkMarlion Park is also a popular attraction for tourists in the city. Here you would find the famous statue with the head of a lion, the body and tail of a fish, it’s 28 ft tall and it represents the history of Singapore. The head of the Merlion represents the name of Singapore that is the “Lion City” in Malay. And the body and tail of fish feature the history of the town of being the fishing town.Apart from the statue, there are other things to see and you would certainly like the view of the city at night and as the day tour can be a bit congested.You should also explore the Marina Bay as it is a main attraction center of the city. You would find several things to visit such as the museums, theaters, casinos, performance hall, shops, overnight accommodations and so many more. It’s an entertainment center of the city so don’t miss out on this one.
9. SantosSantos is an island resort that welcomes people of all ages and there is something for everyone. From adventure to entertainment the place offers nearly everything here. You would love to have an adventurous trip at the iFly Singapore, Mega Adventure, or The Flying Trapeze.If you want to spend a relaxing time then go to the beaches. This place is full of places to visit and have fun and you can spend an entire weekend at the resort so make sure you have visited the whole of Singapore first.
10. Singapore FlyerAlmost all the famous cities in the world have their whole giant Ferry Wheel as they have understood that people are highly interested in Ferry Wheel and exploring the 360-degree view of the city from the top. The Singapore Flyer was built in 2008 and it’s as tall as a 42 -storey building. This Flyer has also bagged the title of Asia’s largest giant observation wheel.The Flyer is located at the Marina and you can get a glimpse of neighboring countries, Malaysia and Indonesia from the highest point of the wheel. The pods are air-conditioned and you get a beautiful view to click the best photographs or just have the best time there. Sunset or the night is the best time to experience the Flyer.
11. Singapore Cable CarIf Ferry Wheel isn’t your thing then you would certainly enjoy the Cable Car Sky Network in Singapore. The network is present between the Sentosa and Mount Faber. There are two lines and a total of six stations.The cable cars are one of the fastest ways of travel and the view is going to be mesmerizing as well. The rides are also suitable for people with a fear of height as the ride itself is so smooth and you would be only focusing on the phenomenal view. You can get the one-day unlimited rides on the cars where you can take as many rides as possible.
12. St. Andrew’s CathedralIt’s one of the largest cathedrals of Singapore as well as the oldest Anglican house of worship. Here you would certainly like the beautiful building and the surrounding garden that could be a great place to escape the busy urban life of Singapore. The place is all about the cultural and historic value of the city which makes it one of the most visit destinations.
13. Thian Hock KengIt’s the oldest Buddist temple of Singapore which is popular for its elaborate architecture which is inspired by the southern Chinese style. The Temple is said to be built without using a single nail which makes it even more marvelous. The entry into the temple is free but you are not allowed to click photos.
14. Night SafariSingapore has the world’s first safari park for nocturnal animals. It covers 86 acres of land and here you would find almost 2500 animals from 130 species including the endangered species. The tour would take only about 40 minutes and if you are lucky you might see those rare animals as well. There are other activities too going in the place which are too good to be missed.
15. S.E.A AquariumSingapore has the world’s largest aquarium with over 10,000 marine creatures and 49 sea habitats. It’s located on Sentosa Island where you can take a journey through the most diverse marine habitats.As we have said there are many different and rare sea creatures present in the aquarium, you would also like the 8.3m high open ocean tank which brings you face to face with stingrays, sharks, and other high creatures of the ocean. The whole tour might take a longer time than what you have expected to plan your time.
Conclusion –So these are the 15 best things that you can do in Singapore. We know some of the things may have come to you as a surprise, such as the animal safari or the museum where you would find some extraordinary things.We hope that you have found the article helpful, so thank you for being with us.