Now that summer is here it is time that we hit the beach and have some fun in the sun and water. The best part of summers would be playing water sports to have a thrilling experience and relax your body and mind. There are so many popular water sports games that you would come across such as surfing, kneeboarding, and more. One of the water sports that is gaining popularity these days is wake surfing.
Wakesurfing is an activity where the riders trail behind the boat without being pulled by the boat. This shares a few similarities with surfing as the rider will have to stand up on the wakeboard and start surfing behind the trail of the boat. So it is a quite fun activity to do in a water body and that is why it is pretty popular. It is not that dangerous or hard to learn which is why more and more people are doing this these days.
One of the most important things that you would need to learn about wake surfing is the wakesurf board! Just like other boards made for different activities, a wakesurf board also needs to meet some needs of the rider to ensure a fun experience. You will find different wake surf boards according to your skill level, age, and weight, so finding the best wakesurf board is not going to be easy.
There are plenty of amazing wakesurf boards available in the market, which gives a lot of options to buy from. But this will also make it hard to find the most suitable wakesurf board for yourself. That is why it would be better to look for the best options and then choose the best one for yourself.
Here, we have enlisted the top wakesurf boards that you can invest in and have the best experience. Go ahead and take a look at the following list and find the best one.
- 1 Best Wakesurf Boards
- 1.1 1. Driftsun Throwdown
- 1.2 2. CWB Connelly Bentley
- 1.3 3. Ronix Carbon Air Core 3 Skimmer
- 1.4 4. Boardworks Froth! Soft Top
- 1.5 5. Hyperlite Time Machine
- 1.6 6. Ronix Koal Powerfish
- 1.7 7. Liquid Force Primo LTD
- 1.8 8. 2020 Connelly Benz
- 1.9 9. Driftsun Fifty-50
- 1.10 10. Lib Tech Air’N Skim
- 1.11 Things to Consider While Buying Wakesurf Boards:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Wakesurf Boards
Driftsun is one of the most popular brands when it comes to boards for several water activities, and they haven’t disappointed us with their collection of wakesurf boards. So the first best wakesurf board is from Driftsun on our list because this one is quite popular and the best-selling wakesurf board on Amazon. This board is most suitable for beginners and intermediates, so if you are learning or trying to master your skills at wakesurfing, this one should be your best choice.The board is constructed from an EPS core, wooden stringer, and an Epoxy-Resin-Fiberglass shell, all this makes it a durable and sturdy board. It also got water-repelling and a diamond textured EVA deck pad for traction. It features a diamond tail, square rose, and low rails that ensure a smooth gliding on the water. It has a concave base and quad fi arrangement that makes sure the rider gets enough maneuverability.The fins are removable and can be adjusted to your preferences. The weight limit is 200 pounds and it is quite solid to withstand the impacts too. It comes with a one-year warranty, so you can buy it confidently.Overall, this best-selling wakesurf board will give you the best value for your money and you will have a great experience for years with it.
Looking forward to trying your luck with wake surfing? Well, you need to first find the best wakesurf board for beginners, and CWB Connelly Bentley is exactly that! This wakesurf board from CWB is easy to ride and well designed for all skill levels. This one is also perfect for both skimming and surfing. Although this wakesurf board is only available in one size, that is 4.9 feet, so you need to keep that in your mind.The constructions are pretty good and reliable, as the manufacturers did a great job making sure it is resilient, features a great buoyancy, and is lightweight. The credit for durability goes to Thermo-Shell construction. It won’t ask for much effort when it comes to controlling it and its maneuverability has impressed a lot of customers and us too. There are two fins included that ensure good speed. It also features a soft rail which is ideal for beginners. The deck also features an EVA traction pad.Overall, it is a great wakesurf board for beginners and you are also getting a great deal at this price.
3. Ronix Carbon Air Core 3 SkimmerIf you are a veteran when it comes to wakeboarding then this Ronix Carbon Air Core 3 Skimmer is going to be the best wakesurf board for you. This one also features everything that you would want from a wake surfboard with your skillset. As its name suggests this is a skim-style wakesurf board which means it will be easier to do all the tricks and stunts with it.The wakesurf board features a smaller size and pin nose and tail which makes it easier to perform all those tricks. It is also pretty thick which means it will deliver a great buoyancy and will go through various wave sizes. The thermal molded construction makes it durable. The maximum weight capacity is 155lbs.It features smooth edges, hard rails, tri-fins, and trail channels, all of these make the board quite responsive. You will get the best experience with this wakesurf board so make sure you consider buying it.
Next on the list of top wakesurf boards is Boardworks Froth. It is quite popular on Amazon. It is a reputable brand that has managed to impress the customers with quality and overall performance, so you won’t be disappointed with its wakesurf board.One of the reasons why it is a popular choice of all the customers is because it is versatile as it can be used for both surfing and wakesurfing. The board is available in two sizes, so it will be easier for riders to find the most suitable size for them. It features a soft deck but not a traction pad which means you will have to wax it continuously.The wakesurf board is made from EPS core glassed in a soft HDPE shell and high-density EVA for resilience. It also features a wooden stringer that is embedded in its center that is used to enhance its strength. Overall, it is sturdy and durable, and you don’t need to worry about stability. It also comes with one year of warranty.
5. Hyperlite Time MachineHyperlite Time Machine is another one of the top-rated wakesurf boards that you can buy. One of the things that have impressed us the most about this wakesurf board is that it is made up of cork which features more traction when wet. It also features an EPS-fiberglass construction which makes it quite durable and lightweight. Even though it is lightweight, the maximum weight capacity is 220lbs.It features a concave body with sharp rails and raised nose that ensures smooth rail-to-rail transition as well as buoyancy. It also has a large surface area, a diamond-shaped nose, and a wide swallowtail. The board is suitable to perform several skills at high speed. This one also comes with one year of warranty.
6. Ronix Koal PowerfishWe have another one of the best wake surfboards from Ronix and this one is also a popular choice among sports lovers across the globe. This is a surf-style board that is packed with power. There are a total of three sizes available in this model, so you can certainly find one best suited for yourself.The board is quite reliable and stable, ensuring safety and a lot of fun. The board features a swallowtail, thick profile, pointed nose, and broad tail that makes it easier to control and responsive. It also comes with arch support, air vent, traction pads, and a big kicktail. Overall, this one is ideal for experts and intermediates.
7. Liquid Force Primo LTDLiquid Force Primo LTD has also managed to make a spot for itself on our list due to its affordability and high value for money.This board features a hybrid design, which means it features the best of both surf and skimboards. The board features robust construction that uses an EPS core. It also impresses us with its high-end performance given its buoyancy. The board features thruster fins that can be interchanged with dual and single formats. It is most suitable for experts and intermediates as they can perform all the stunts and tricks with it. The maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds and this one comes in four different sizes.
8. 2020 Connelly BenzThis wakesurf board from Connelly Benz has also become a popular choice among surfers and wakeboard lovers. This board offers agility, speed, and efficiency which makes it an amazing pick for anyone.The smaller size makes it versatile and easier to take control. The lightweight and compression-molded construction is built from an EPS core reinforced with a 5mm stringer, Epoxy shell, and thick EVA deck pads. The fins are customizable and quite easier to control.
9. Driftsun Fifty-50If you are looking for the best wakesurf board for intermediates then Driftsun Fifty-50 should be your best option. It is a skim-style board that will allow you to perform all kinds of tricks and stunts while making it easier to master your skill.The board is made from EPS core, Carbon Fiber shell, epoxy-fiberglass finish, and wooden stringer reinforcement. It also features a traction pad that almost covers the deck to give you a great grip. We also liked its impressive stability and smooth ride. It is quite easier to ride on or get used to. It features a removable three-fin setup, and you can ride with one fin, two, or all.
10. Lib Tech Air’N SkimLib Tech Air’N Skim is the best wakesurf board for spins. The board features a pointed nose and a round tail, and it’s wider towards the tail area. The board is quite loose and gives you full freedom to use it as you find suitable.It features a low low rocker that supports high speed and fantastic responsiveness to heel-toe control. Another one of thing that we liked about it is that it is portable, lightweight, and easier to transport. There are multiple sizes available so you will get the perfect size for yourself.
Things to Consider While Buying Wakesurf Boards:When you shop anything you better compare and look for certain features and factors to ensure that you are buying the best product that can meet your needs and provide what you have been looking for. The same goes for wakesurf boards.You may or may not know about choosing the best wakesurf board or what to look for in a wakesurf board. This is why we have enlisted the following features that you need to look for in a wakesurf board while buying:
1. Type of Wakesurf BoardOne of the first things that you need to look for would be the type of wake surf board. Different types of wakesurf boards are designed so that everyone can find the suitable one for themselves. There are three major types of wakesurf boards available that you need to know about, have a look at the following;Skim wakesurf boards are smaller and thinner than other wakesurf boards. These are popular among the people who want to perform tricks and stunts. These are less stable and loose so they are more popular among veterans. These types of wakesurf boards are very responsive to the skills. Beginners should avoid these.Surf wakesurf boards are more popular than skim-style wakesurf boards, and these are also thicker and more prominent. Since these are more stable and easy to ride and maneuver, beginners also find them suitable for them. These are quite amusing to ride at high speed as well.Hybrid wakesurf boards are a combination of both skin and surf type wakesurf boards, hence the name. These types of boards feature both stability and maneuverability while being easier to perform some stunts too. These types of boards are ideal for everyone alike, beginners and intermediate-skilled people like these a lot.
2. Weight and SizeThe weight and size of the wakesurf board is also an important criterion to look forward to. While there are plenty of boards available for everyone, you would want to have the best for you.The board should be lightweight which would be easier to take control of and it should also show the weight limit that is ideal for your weight. A large-sized board would be nice for beginners as these are easier to control, and if you are professional then you can see which size would be perfect for you.
3. TailThe tail of the board is an important factor to consider and you don’t want to neglect it either. The tail plays an important part in balancing the board and also the stability and overall control on the board by the rider. There are different kinds of trails available, here are the major ones;Swallow tail, also known as the fishtail, is quite popular. It is a combination of square and pintail in terms of performance and design. It is ideal for high speeds and allows full control.Pin tail is best for big wakes as it is narrow and pointed. The center of gravity is often lower with this tail style.The diamond tail resembles a triangle shape, this one is also a combination of square and pintail. The rider will have high maneuverability without compromising the speed. It is suitable for all tricks and skill levels.A square tail aka squash tail is perfect for high speed.The round tail is quite trendy, even with the surfboards. This one would be suitable for various wave conditions and will also allow you to do all the tricks and stunts. It resembles a pintail but features more space.
4. RailThe rail is the edge of the board that makes it efficient. Thinner rails are suitable for high speed while the thicker rails are more stable and provide a good grip. There are three major types of rails available, and these are;
- Full rail- this is perfect for beginners and intermediates as it provides stability and mellow rides. Just be careful while making sharp turns.
- Hard rail- intermediate and advanced riders would love this as it is perfect for stunts and tricks. Although these can be a bit lost.
- Blended rails- this is a combination of both full and hard rail.
5. ConstructionOne of the things that you would like to look forward to would be the construction of the board. The board should be lightweight and durable, and it should also withstand the impact and shock of the waves and water in general.There are plenty of materials used in making the board and what kind of material has been used to make a board would decide whether it is up to the mark. Common materials that are used to make a board includes Polyurethane (PU) and Expanded Polystyrene (EPS). The shell might be made from Polyethylene (PE or HDPE) or Fiberglass.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best wake surf boards that you can find in the market right now. We have selected these ones given the construction, overall features, and the reviews and ratings from customers across the globe.Here we have come to an end for the article top wakesurfing board, and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for.