Photoshop techniques are not uncommon these days and if you are interested in photoshops and photography you must know the importance of flipping a layer in photoshop. Many people do know the basic stuff when it comes to photoshop but they might lack some expertise when it comes to the advanced features and options regarding photoshop. And one of them is how to flip a payer in photoshop.
Although there are many approaches to flip a layer in photoshop and blend it with the original photos. So in this article, we are going to tell you how to flip a layer in photoshop. So below the article, we have written a full procedure for how to flip a layer so that you can effectively do your job when it comes to photoshop.
How to flip a layer in Photoshop
1. The big flipThis one is considered as the simple flip as you will be able to flip the entire image without differentiating the layers in between the pictures. To do the simple flip all you have to do is to go the Image, then select the Image Rotation and then choose the Flip Canvas features.Used will get two different options that are flip the picture horizontally or vertically and you can choose whatever you find appropriate.But as we have mentioned this option will only help you if you don’t want to differentiate the layers, keep reading to know how to differentiate the layers.
2. Unlock the layerThe layers in an image are supposed to be locked when you open an image in photoshop. So to flip a layer in photoshop you would have to first unlock the layer. To unlock the layer, just click on the padlock icon to the right of the layer or double click on the layer to define it as a New Layer!
3. How to flip a layer in photoshopTo directly flip the layer in photoshop you would have to go to the Edit option and then click on Transform. There would be a number of transforming options for your image but you might be interested in the Horizontal or Verticle flip options which are the present at the bottom of the edit options. Thu function works on all types of layers, not just the raster image and you would be able to flip the image in whichever direction you want!
4. Resize the layerIf you want to resize the layer you might wanna go for the Free Transform tool in the Edit option (short cut Cmd + T). Users can either drag the picture or enter the width size in the top menu bar.
5. Check the resultNow that you have done your work you might wanna give it a second look and check the result of your photoshop because often people forget to do so and their mistakes can be easily seen by the eagle-eyed viewers. Look for the little details in an image and see if everything is as per your demand or if there is something that needs to be corrected.
6. BlendingNow you can easily blend the picture to give it a perfect finish. For that, you need to first duplicate the image layer and flip it. After that, you will need to layer mask on the top layer and paint with a soft-edged brush to remove the parts of the image that should be blended.
So this is how you can flip a layer in Photoshop! Isn’t it easy? We really hope that our article has helped you and you are now aware of how to flip a layer in Photoshop. So go ahead try this one out and see if you have learned the procedure yet and if it works for you! Thank you for being with us and keep coming for more such articles.