A pocket knife comes in handy more than you can imagine. For the people who spend their day living a rough life, doing chores in the woods, or somewhere you need a sharp object, a pocket knife can be pretty helpful. Some people also keep a pocket knife to defend themselves in multiple situations.
The thing is not many people think, they should put any effort when it comes to buying a good pocket knife for themselves. They just go and pick the first pocket knife they see. But that can be very disappointing when you have to use the knife. A pocket knife is as important as any other gadget or equipment you own, and that is why you need to find the perfect one for yourself. After all, you can’t end up with a pocket knife that you can’t use when you need to or the one that would require replacing it now and then.
That is why you need to buy a good pocket knife that can last long and serve its purpose well. Finding a pocket knife can be a lot harder than it sounds. You would have to go through several pocket knives to choose the best one for yourself.
In this article, we are going to list the top 10 pocket knives under 50 dollars. So you can easily choose one for yourself. Take a look at the following list and find the good one for yourself.
- 1 Best Pocket Knives Under $50
- 1.1 1. Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter Pocket Knife
- 1.2 2. Kershaw Zing
- 1.3 3. Gerber Ripstop
- 1.4 4. Spyderco Tenacious
- 1.5 5. KA-BAR Dozier Folding Hunter
- 1.6 6. Kershaw Cryo II
- 1.7 7. Ontario 8848 RAT
- 1.8 8. SOG Flash II
- 1.9 9. Papagayo Skinny Folder
- 1.10 10. Opinel No.8
- 1.11 11. CRKT Fulcrum 2
- 1.12 Things to Know Before Buying a Pocket Knife Under 50
- 1.13 Conclusion:
Best Pocket Knives Under $50
When it comes to the best pocket knife under 50 bucks, our first choice is Buck Knives 110. This one has been very popular for a long period now. And you would certainly want to buy it for its amazing performance as well as its looks.It’s easy to carry around pocket knife that features a 3.75 inches blade made up of 420 high carbon steel. The overall weight of the knife is 7.2 oz. It features a manual nail nick opening and a brass and wood handle. The knife is ideal to use. for everyday tasks and it’s pretty compact so it would be easy to carry around as well.
2. Kershaw ZingOur next choice for the best pocket knife below 50 dollars is Kershaw Zing. The pocket knife is very popular and you would find it very easy to use as well.The knife is made up of stainless steel and it features a 3 inch 8CR13MoV steel blade. Since it is made up of steel, the knife comes at a very cheap price as well. The knife is easy to carry as well as the cuts well. The grip nice, even though the handle is untextured (can be hard to handle when your hand is wet or sweaty). Overall, the knife comes at a cheap price which is worth the features, so for an affordable price, this should be your best option.
If you are looking for the lightest pocket knife under $50 then Gerber Ripstop should be your first option. The knife has been very popular among people who want something featherweight and sharp. The knife can easily cut through a hard material without wasting much of your time.The overall weight of the knife is 5.75 inches. The handle is 3.4 inches and the blade is 2.3 inches. If you want a small but sharp pocket knife then this one should be your first choice.
The Spyderco Tenacious is another of the leading pocket knife that you can find for under 50 dollars. The knife comes in a black finish and a sleek and slim design. The pocket knife is 7.76 inches in length and weighs only 4.1 ounces. The blade is 3.39 inches.The steel would be easy to sharpen and features a great performance as well. It features a thumbhole opening and you can find it in both straight and serrated options. It also provides a great grip as well. Slicing and dicing would be easy with the knife and you would most certainly like it using it every day. It’s comfortable, sharp, able to cut easily, and long-lasting, hence give great value for your money.
KA-BAR Dozier Folding Hunter is a popular pocket knife and apparently, it is used by US military officers and members as well. So there shouldn’t be any doubt that the knife is going to be reliable. It may come at a cheap price, but that doesn’t mean you would have to compromise with the quality.The three-inch blades are made up of AUS 8A and it features a 4.25-inch handle made up of Zytel. It also features a nifty pocket clip. The overall length of the knife is 7.25 inches and it does serve its purpose well. Overall the knife is worth the money and you can hardly find anything better than this.
Kershaw Cryo series is pretty popular when it comes to pocket knives. Kershaw is a well-known brand and they have been there for us for a long time now. The cryo series consists of two knives, Cryo and Cryo II. Both of them are pretty amazing to carry and use every day.The knife is small and compact and features a 2.75-inch blade with an overall length of 6.25 inches. It’s pretty tough and capable of hold a grip. One of the best things about the knife visits corrosion-resistant any. Some people found it a little bit heavy, but other than that, it’s a perfect pocket knife under 50 dollars for you.
Ontario 8848 RAT is also an excellent choice for the best pocket knife under 50 dollars to find. The pocket knife is made up of AUS 8 material and it provides a textured grip and it is pretty easy to handle. The knife is lightweight and easy to carry.The pocket knife features an 8.5-inch length, which might be the longest length on our list. The thumb opening of the knife is pretty cool and you can easily open and close it. The knife handle is made up of nylon.
8. SOG Flash IISOG Flash II is another one of the best pocket knives under 50 that has made a place on our list. The knife is made up of AUS 8 material so you can rely on its sharpness. The handle is made up of nylon and it features a black finish. The finish might wear off the quality remains consistent even after years.The knife also features a safety lock as well to prevent any injuries. The knife is partially serrated so it can be used for multiple purposes. The overall length of the knife is 8 inch and the blade length is 3.5 inches. Overall, the knife is pretty good and you should invest in it as well.
If you are all for a skinny knife then Papagayo should be your first choice. The knife is pretty amazing given its amazing looks and unique design. The knife only weighs 1.62 ounces so it is featherlight and makes a difference either.The 3.125 inches blade is made up of 420 stainless steel. The handle is made up of Zebrine wood and is about 4 inches long as well. The overall length is 7.25 inches which are pretty good to use.
10. Opinel No.8If you want to buy something vintage then Opinel No.8 might be your best shot. The knife may be hard to open and close repeatedly but you would surely like it when you need to cut or use it in your daily life. It doesn’t come up with a pocket clip, so you may want to be careful with it while walking.The 7.5 inches of the knife makes a really good length for users. The blade length is 3.25 inches and the handle length is 4.25 inches. The length and weight are good enough and it would make a nice camping knife as well.
11. CRKT Fulcrum 2CRKT Fulcrum 2 is one of the best pocket knife under 50 dollars that you can find. This knife has been inspired by the first CRT Fulcrum knife and the developers have twisted it for good. One of the best things about this pocket knife is the fact that it features a good opening mechanism that sets it apart from other pocket knives.The blade is made up of steel and it features a carbon handle as well. The knife’s full length is 7.56 inches (the closed length would be 4.45 inches and the blade length is 3.18 inches). Overall the knife looks pretty cool and this is the reason why you would want to buy it in the first place.
Things to Know Before Buying a Pocket Knife Under 50It’s obvious that you would be attached to a pocket knife that has a good design carved on it or the super simple one. But you need to know there are a few things that you would need to consider if you want to end up with the best pocket knife. We are listing a few things that you may want to check before spending your 50 bucks.
1. Serrated or StraightWhen it comes to pocket knives, there are two popular options, serrated and straight. Both of them have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages so you can pick one that suits you the most.The serrated knife would be able to cut through harder material easily and it would be more versatile too. But it would be hard to sharpen. The straight knife on the other hand would sharpen easily and provides a longer blade to cut. But they may not the that good at cutting through different materials. You can choose one based on your needs.
2. Knife SteelIn the making of pocket knives, or knives in general, different kinda steel or materials are used. Each had its pros and cons. Two of the most common kinds of blade steels are stainless steel and carbon steel.Both of the materials are good for different kinds of purposes, you need to decide the ideal blade steel for the purpose you are busting the pocket knife.
3. Open and Lock MechanismYou must invest in a pocket knife that is easy to handle or use. Some people go for the knife without any locking mechanism, which can be a little risky as you may cut yourself and you would have to buy a separate case to keep the knife as well.As it’s pretty important that your knife can be locked and open easily at your discretion, so you should be looking for a knife that can do so.There are different kinds of opening, like manual, automatic, or assisted and you can choose waiver you like the most. Just like the opening mechanism, there are different kinds of locking mechanisms as well. So you will have a lot of options to choose from.
4. Handle MaterialThe handle material may not impact the functioning of a knife but it would certainly make a difference to the user. You should be aware of the handle material and find out if it’s ideal to use for you.There are many different kinds of material used in making a knife handle, so you can choose the one that you like most.
5. AccessoriesIf a pocket knife comes with an accessory or not is also a big question. You would want a case or something with your knife.
6. PerformanceYou should also check the performance of the pocket knife you are going to buy. This would help a lot. You can try it or see the other aspects that may determine the performance of a pocket knife.
7. Customer ReviewsIt’s also important that you look for the customer review of the pocket knife you see buying. After all who can tell you better than the people who are using the knife currently. So make sure that you see the customer reviews and finds if the pocket knife worth your 50 bucks or not.These are some of the things that you need to consider before buying the best pocket knife under 50.
Conclusion:So here we have come to an end for our article. We have listed down all the 11 best pocket knives under 50 dollars that we thought worthy of your money. That would be all for now and we hope you liked our article and found the best pocket knife for yourself as well.