When we talk about Bangalore the first thing that comes in our mind is the technology hub of India! But this silicon valley of India is much more than the big tech firms or skyscrapers. Here you would find several things that you would find here. The place is full of amazing sights to discover and some of the best things to do as well. All you need to do is to have a good knowledge of what to do when you are in the city.
One might get help to plan the trip if they know some local friends there but if you are going there for the first time then you need our help. Here we have listed some of the things that you can visit or do while you are in Bangalore. From some of the best food to some of the place places you will get everything in the city (with a little traffic though!).
So let’s not waste more of your time and fond you some of the best things to do in Bangalore.
- 1 Best things to do in Bangalore
- 1.1 1. Visit the Bangalore Palace
- 1.2 2. National Gallery of Modern Art
- 1.3 3. Cubbon Park
- 1.4 4. Indian Music Performance
- 1.5 5. Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
- 1.6 6. Bannergatta National Park
- 1.7 7. Janapada Loka
- 1.8 8. Lalbhag Botanical Garden
- 1.9 9. Brahmin’s Coffee Bar
- 1.10 10. ISKON Temple
- 1.11 11. Bull Temple
- 1.12 12. Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace
- 1.13 13. Opera House
- 1.14 14. Visit Food Street
- 1.15 15. Ulsoor Lake
Best things to do in Bangalore
1. Visit the Bangalore PalaceOne of the first things that you need to do while in Bangalore is to visit Bangalore Palace. The Palace is no less than a Disney Castle and you would just love it. The Palace was established in 1878 by Maharaja Chamarajendra Wadiyar.The palace covers around 45,000 square feet. The Palace features Gothic and Scottish architecture. The inside and outside carvings too are an absolute delight to see. Above the Palace has Victorian styled furniture which makes it even more royal. Some historians say that the inspiration behind the castle is the Windsor Castle of London.The palaces also house several vintage artifacts and some paintings that date back to the 19th and 20th centuries. Presently the Palace has not only become a popular landmark but it also hosts several events and concerts as well, which you can see if something is happening around your visit to the city.
2. National Gallery of Modern ArtIf you want to know the history of any place (which you must) then you must visit the art galleries or the museums of that place. And that’s why you must visit the National Gallery of Modern Art in Bangalore.Although this place is no less than a time capsule which takes you to the 18th century. Not only the ancient but the gallery also features the modern-day art that you would love to visit.You find the work of some of the legendary artists such as Rabindranath Tagore, Amrita Sher Gill, Raja Ram Verma. Overall there is so much to see here.
3. Cubbon ParkCubbon Park is also known as the lungs of the city and it is located in the busiest street of Bangalore. This place is very popular among the locals as they get to close to nature and can do various activities as well. Here the park is well built and well maintained with the pristine walkways and several amazing things that you enjoy.Here you would see a variety of trees and plants and there is also an aquarium. The play area for kids is an amazing part of the park. The park is located near two of the most prestigious buildings in the city that are the state legislature and the High Court, in which two are well built and maintained.
4. Indian Music PerformanceIf you are a music person then you would love experience Indian Music! Here you would find India’s first interactive museum which is inspired by Seattle’s Museum of Pop Culture.The building is well built and featured four stories, 8 thematic galleries, a sound garden, a cafe, musical sculpture, and above all a music learning center for anyone who loves music and wants to learn it. People are allowed to play various instruments, create their music as well as record it.The bottom line is, if you love the music then it’s a must-visit place for you in Bangalore.
5. Karnataka Chitrakala ParishathThere is something for musicians then there is also something for the painters or artists, after all the city has something for everyone. Of you are an artist and loves to draw or paint then this one should be the first place that you should visit.The place was opened in the 1960s, and it features five galleries and 13 museums. Here you would find a collection of national and international artists. The art here belongs to various periods of our history.Here you should see the Indian contemporary and the ancient art that belongs to different periods and made under the protons of some of the most popular kings in the history of India. This place is no less than a heaven for the art fans.
6. Bannergatta National ParkWe all like to see some wildlife and that’s where the Bannergatta National Park comes in the picture.This place is a sprawling nature park and zoo and its India’s first butterfly park as well. It covers 104 sq km which hosts several species of flora and fauna.The place featured over 10 forest zones, which includes a butterfly park, zoo, snake park, aquarium, a children’s park, Museum, crocodile park, elephant park, and a safari. Seems like a lot, right? Well here you can spend a whole day and it would be an amazing time with nature. If you have got kids then you should visit the place.
7. Janapada LokaIf you want to know about the history of the Bangalore then you should visit the Janapada Loka.The place featured the folklores, cultural heritage, and the history of the state. The place has been divided into different wings and here you would find a collection of more than 5000 folk objects.The 500-year-old shadow puppets is a must-see thing in the museum. Here you would also find the ancient stone sculpture and village replicas. You would also find a theater, lake, and boating facility. There is also a library full of some of the best books.The place is located 35 miles away from the city and you would certainly find it fascinating.
8. Lalbhag Botanical GardenLocated in the middle of the city and here you would find some greenery and explore the flora species of India.The botanical garden also hosts the various species of plants from across the country as well as the globe. People come here to get close to nature and learn about the various plant species and their uses.The place also features a Crystal Palace which is a glasshouse built in the 19th century.
9. Brahmin’s Coffee BarIf you are a coffee lover or want to go to the best cafe in Bangalore then you must visit the Brahmin’s Coffee Bar. The place is located in the downtown and here you would only find four baths of food items, that is, Idli, Vada, Khara bath, and Kesri bath.But what’s the most important item that you can taste is the filter coffee. All the items are pretty cheap but taste amazing which makes it one of the most popular cafes in the town. So if you want to try out the popular filter coffee in south India so you should go there.
10. ISKON TempleThis one is a popular Hindu temple located in the Hare Krishna Hills. The ISKON stands for the International Society for Krishna Counsioness as the temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.It is one of the largest Krishna temples in the world and this makes it worthy of your visit. The temple is built beautifully and you would be in awe of it’s carving and the sculptures. From the towers to the ceilings, everything in this temple feels like a masterpiece.
11. Bull TempleSince we are talking about the temples in Bangalore, the Bull Temple is a popular Hindu temple in Bangalore that you must visit.The temple was built in the 16th century and it’s dedicated to Nandi (the bull). The temple is built in Dravidian style and features an immense idol of Nandi. The idol is carved out of a single rock of granite and it’s four and a half meters tall and six meters. This is also known as a religious sanctuary of the city.
12. Tipu Sultan’s Summer PalaceTipu Sultan was one of the most popular leaders of the state in the 19th century and naturally, the capital city of Karnataka would have some traces of the Tipu Sultan. Tipu Sultan’s summer palace is one of them one this is also a popular landmark of the city.The architecture of the palace is worth visiting. It’s Indo Islamic theme is pretty amazing too. The palace was built in 1971 and it is made up of teakwood. From the pillars to the ceiling everything is carved with floral motifs. Overall it would be an amazing experience to explore the history of Bangalore.
13. Opera HouseOpera House is an ancient building of Bangalore which was recently restored in the city. It was built in the British era and presently the building has been transformed into a temple of tech, that is, the place is full of technology and there is a full display of smartphones and notebooks.The amazing architecture of the building is intelligently preserved and here you would find a cafe and you can also book a home theater as well. This place is a perfect combination of technology and traditional architecture.
14. Visit Food StreetIf you want to know the culture of one place then you must explore the food culture of that place and that’s why you need to go visit Food Street. Food Street is also known as the VV Puram street. Here you would find the best local street food that you won’t be able to get enough of.You would experience Indian street food including the bhajia, masala dosa, chats, etc. Locals as well as tourists highly praise this place and loved to explore it again and again to taste the amazing street food.
15. Ulsoor LakeCovering 123.55 acres, the Ulsoor lake is one of the largest lakes in Bangalore.If you have visited the whole of Bangalore and now seeking some peace then you must visit the Ulsoor Lake to get some peace and relaxation time.Around the lake, there is a beautifully carved out pathway where you can take a walk and explore the relaxing sight. And there are also boating facilities so you can go boating and have fun.
Here we have listed out all the great things that you can do in Bangalore. Some of them may be cliche but there is a reason right, so do visit all the popular places and do all the amazing things that you can do while in Bangalore and make the best of your time there as well.
With the current pandemic going on, you might wanna check whether or not the places are open. Also, check the policies of different places so that you don’t face any inconvenience.
Thank you for being with us and we hope that you would have a great time in Bangalore.