Have you ever heard “Confidence is the Key”? I am sure you have, and it’s true! Some times people can get pass through a situation not because they are more talented than you but maybe because they have more confidence than you. So the moral of the story is no matter where you are, no matter what you do, you have to be confident in yourself.
Yes, we know that it’s not the first time you are hearing this and it’s probably not the last time either. The problem is everyone tells us to be confident but no one tells us how to be confident. And that is the problem. At the end of the day, we all want to feel confident and walk around the room as we own it.
And that’s what we are going to talk about in this article. Here we are going to share some tips that might help you more confident about yourself. So take a look at the article and see if it can help you.
- 1 How to be confident
- 1.1 1. Work on Body Language
- 1.2 2. Be positive
- 1.3 3. Write down the good things about yourself
- 1.4 4. Find what is stopping you from being a confident person
- 1.5 5. Figure out what makes you happy and do it unapologetically
- 1.6 6. Try talking to strangers
- 1.7 7. Help others
- 1.8 8. Remember being confidence is not a one day task
- 1.9 9. Everyone struggles with confidence
- 1.10 10. Accept yourself just the way you are
- 2 Why confidence is important?
How to be confident
1. Work on Body LanguageOur confidence is mainly judged by our body language and that’s why it is one of the most important factors that we need to look at in order to feel confident.Have you ever seen a person who appeared to be all confident in their first meeting? So how did you know that the person was confident or not? I am sure most of us would answer ” they appeared as a confident person”. The thing is, your body language is the key element that decides if you are confident or not.So work on your body language and be confident with your body. And your body language is directly related to your posture and gestures. Make sure you are standing upright and show that you are confident in your body and you are well aware of yourself. Just like this, you need to be sure of your gestures that suggest that you are confident (which we are going to talk later). So practice standing up or sitting straight and find the correct postures to sit and stand.
2. Be positiveYou might not be positive this, at least this early in our list of tips for how to be confident. But our thoughts and what kind of energy we have is directly proportional to how confident we are.To be more positive you need to shift your focus from the negative to positive. Don’t think about your flaws but who some appreciation for what you like about yourself. Similarly don’t always be worried about what can go wrong instead think about all the right things that you can achieve.Be positive and surround yourself with positivity. And your positivity can come from anywhere but it has to start with yourself.
3. Write down the good things about yourselfThis might be the most effective way to feel confident about yourself. And many psychiatrists and doctors also recommend people to write things down in order to feel more confident about yourself.You can write down one good thing about yourself every morning or before going to bed, you won’t realize but you will have many things to appreciate about yourself.It doesn’t matter how down you feel but you will have to pat yourself in order to appreciate yourself. Start with accepting compliments from others and remember your past accomplishments as well. Write down what you need to improve about yourself. This list should be with you, so whenever you feel down, you go have a look at the list and remind yourself of your true capabilities and qualities.
4. Find what is stopping you from being a confident personMany times our surroundings and the people who are close to us have an impact on how we feel about ourselves. And they can also be the reason we are not as confident about ourselves as we are supposed to be.You can also make a list of the things which is becoming an obstacle in your way to feeling more confident. It can be anything, bad friends, bad marks, a toxic environment or people, etc.And when you are fully aware of what is keeping you from being a confident person, you will be able to find a way to remove everything that is keeping you from feeling confident about yourself. You should also ask yourself why these things are affecting you and are the reasons even logical? You will have to see the reason why these things are affecting you this much and if you can feel better about these things.
5. Figure out what makes you happy and do it unapologeticallyThis might help you feel confident. When you do what makes you happy it will fill you up with positive energy and somehow you will feel more confident about yourself.The key is, pick up a task that you like to learn for a long time now and try to better at it. Although don’t get discouraged if you are not automatically awesome at it because learning something and acting it takes time and you have to give that time to yourself.It would help you more if you find an interest or a hobby which you can perform in a group this will help you to be around people and enjoy yourself without being too nervous.
6. Try talking to strangersThis would probably help you the most and we know it’s a bit difficult too. See our lack of confidence usually make us unable to start a conversation with strangers. And this shouldn’t be a problem because sooner or later we all need to talk to strangers in our everyday life.This will be definitely hard, but you will have to understand that sometimes the confidence is more of a habit than a trait. And you have to develop this habit and that’s where talking to strangers helps you the most. You say hello to the people who pass a smile at you at the coffee shop or you can go and try to talk to someone at the work or in your class. See the world is full of strangers and you can at least try to talk some of them, you never know you might like them and they return the favor.
7. Help othersHelping others will not only make you happy but also make you feel confident about yourself as well. You can do as little as paying someone a compliment and make them feel good about themselves or you can offer to help the ones in need. Just holding a door or lift for someone would be great as well. Although make sure you are paying a genuine and nice compliment instead of a fake one or just for the sake of giving a compliment.
8. Remember being confidence is not a one day taskIt’s not like you are reading these tips and applying for one day and you will suddenly feel confident about yourself, it doesn’t work like that. You will have to remember it’s a long process and you will have to build yourself into this habit and accept yourself to feel confident about yourself. Make small changes, bit by bit, and encourage yourself to do better than before.
9. Everyone struggles with confidenceIt’s not only you who is suffering from lack of confidence, and you might be surprised but a large number of people are also struggling with having the confidence to speak or to present themselves. So remind yourself that you are not alone and you will do better to feel more confident.
10. Accept yourself just the way you areYou have heard this as well, in order to be confident you will have yo accept yourself first. Sometimes we become so negative about ourselves that we forget to see that no one on this planet is perfect and we are one of them as well. So accept your flaws and everything that you think is a problem and be yourself unapologetically.
So these are some of the ways through which you can feel more confident about yourself.Before we say goodbye to you, let’s find out why confidence is important and why we should have it.
Why confidence is important?
It actually doesn’t matter what you do in life, you can be an at the 9 to 5 job, a student or an artist, and it also doesn’t matter how talented you are either if you are not confident enough you will never be able to show your full potential to the world and conquer it. So you have to have to confidence to stand up for yourself and others, you have to be confident to question, to help others or to simply win at life.
So here is why you need to be confident and how you can be confident. We really hope you found the article helpful. We are glad we could help you thank you for visiting us! Be confident and show the real you to the world.