We are not saying that there is anything wrong with staying at home and watching a good movie. But sometimes you have to be social for numerous reasons. Here you need to know that being social doesn’t mean that you have to be out the whole day and surround yourself with lots of people, it means being confident enough to talk to people around you.
There are many reasons that push us to become an anti-social person but the thing is at one point or another you will have to be on your own and find out what’s out there for you, and you can only achieve this by being a little social and putting yourself out there.
You might guess that being social is a big deal and it surely takes a lot of effort (especially if you are an introvert) but you will have to understand that it’s not that difficult and you can social too. All you need to do is make some small changed in your daily routine and push yourself a little more every day. All you need to do to get social is to know what little changes you can make in your life and your personality which might help you to feel social.
So here we are presenting you some of the ways which might help you to become more social. So go ahead and read the following tips on how to be more social.
- 1 How to be more social
- 1.1 1. Find what you are insecure about
- 1.2 2. Stay away from negative thoughts
- 1.3 3. Don’t compare yourself with others
- 1.4 4. Address your fear of rejection
- 1.5 5. Have more interactions
- 1.6 6. Have an open mind
- 1.7 7. Accept invitations
- 1.8 8. Be approachable
- 1.9 9. Find an activity where you can be social with other people
- 1.10 10. Social life is important
1. Find what you are insecure aboutMost of us are not social because of our own insecurities. So the first thing you need to do in order to be more social is to find your insecurities. Here is the thing, we all are insecure about ourselves but some people don’t let their insecurities be the reason to become anti-social. They find those insecurities and overcome them. And that’s exactly what you need to do as well.If you are conscious about yourself or you are constantly feeling yourself that you are not attractive enough, smart enough, or good enough then this has to stop. Make sure you find your insecurities and fight them by telling yourself that you are worthy enough and good enough. You can’t become a social or confident person until you address your insecurities.
2. Stay away from negative thoughtsOur thoughts made a huge impact on our personality and that’s why we should always be positive. In order to be positive, you have to be aware that whatever negative is going in your mind are your negative thoughts and you can easily suppress them as well.You have to remind yourself that you are having negative thoughts and you have to fight those thoughts on your own. Whenever you are thinking something negative, close your eyes, and say yourself that it’s a negative thought, for example, if you think that you are an introvert and you will be able to socialize then convert this negative thought into a positive one. Instead of this, think that yes you are an introvert person yet you can easily socialize with people or perhaps that you have to learn how to socialize.This process has to go a long way before you train yourself to get rid of negative thoughts as soon as they enter your mind.
3. Don’t compare yourself with othersThis one is also a reason why a number of people are unable to become social. They constantly compare themselves with others. They will always see the positive side of other people’s and negative sides of themselves. For example, if a group of people is standing there and having a conversation, then you might think they are social and confident with lots of friends and you will never be able to become like them.The thing is you don’t have to be like them and you don’t have to compare it with others. You might not know but everyone is constantly struggling with one or another thing and you might never know that either. Keep in mind that everyone is unique, everyone has their problems and their own abilities just like yours. Don’t ever make assumptions that others are better than you or you can never be like them.
4. Address your fear of rejectionOur fear of rejection is also a reason that we could not become more social. There might be a little voice in your head that is constantly telling you, what if they don’t want to hang out with you, what if they will reject you, what if they will say no to this or that? These “what-ifs” are your fear of rejection which is constantly becoming an obstacle for you to become more social.So what will happen if you go out there and talk to a stranger and they are not willing to talk to you? It might be unpleasant but it’s not the end of the world and you will have to keep in mind this. First of all, there are very slim chances that you will face rejection but even if you do then there is nothing to embarrassed about.Practice saying “so what?” And mean it. Once you have overcome your fear of rejection, you will definitely be able to more social.
5. Have more interactionsThat’s kinda obvious, isn’t it? When you are trying to be more social then you have to be more interactive as well. You have to start a conversation or be interactive when others are starting one with you.Don’t hesitate to say hi to the people, don’t hesitate when someone approaches you, and don’t be too quiet. Have some confidence and speak what you feel. In short, be approachable and get rid of shyness.If you don’t know how to start a conversation then take some help and work on that. Although a few ice breakers and a smile on your face will do most of the job.
6. Have an open mindDon’t think that people you meet every day is too smart, too stupid or too extra to be your friend. Keep an open mind and don’t judge a person on their looks or what they appear at first. Take some time with the person and allow them to open up. You might end up being their friend as well.And another thing is, it is a big world and there are different kinds of people as well so it’s not really okay to judge or make stereotypes and when you do these things you stop yourself to have any interaction with that person. This shouldn’t happen.
7. Accept invitationsDo you know what social people do? They accept the invitations and go wherever they are invited. They won’t think twice and be open to meet new people everywhere they go. So if anyone is inviting you then accept those invitations. You don’t have to think that what will happen there or if that’s my kinda party. Just accept the invitations and see where it goes, although chances are that you will meet more people and make more friends as well.
8. Be approachableYes, we have written this earlier in our article, but you will have to remember that you won’t invite a lot of people if you are being unapproachable.Keep a smile on your face, look at your body posture and your body language. Show everyone that you are confident and open to conversation. You should be more open as well. Try to accept the compliments and also give compliments as well.
Whether it’s about joining a club or becoming a part of a course these will help you be more social. When you are becoming a part of a group for any reason you will find yourself more confident. This is because when you surround yourself with like-minded people you will understand that it’s quite easy to interact and make friends.You can also volunteer as it will also require you to be social. Find an activity where you can be yourself and enjoy yourself with other people.
10. Social life is importantYes it’s true that self-love comes first and everyone needs to learn how to be happy being alone, but that doesn’t mean you have to become anti-social. So make your social life a priority and once a week, hit the bar or attend a party. This way you will meet more people and make more friends as well.
Here we have listed out some of the ways which will help you to be more social. Just keep in mind that you are just a normal human and there is nothing that can stop you from being you. Make little changes from today and see you are also capable of being social like everyone else.
We hope you like the article and found it helpful. So thank you for being with us and keep coming for more such articles as well.