In recent times, the popularity of Data science is increasing rapidly. It has an essential role in updating the technology also. Many Leading MNC is ruling around the globe are based on Data Science. It is also providing promising careers to science students. There is a high demand for a Data scientist in the market. Most of the companies are hiring data scientists to support the organization and boost the growth rate. In terms of data scientists, India is listed as one of the highest demanding countries.
If you are an aspiring data scientist in India, it is pretty reasonable to evaluate your career prospects before putting your efforts and investing time in data science education. Data scientists are in high demand in a foreign country, but how much does that apply in India? To know the answer, you have to read this article thoroughly.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the latest research to provide you assistance so that you can evaluate how promising your career will be as a data scientist in India. This article will also focus on the qualification and education required to become an eligible data scientist for any company. You will also be served with tips that will help you stand out from the crowd, but you have to read them until the end of the article. So, let’s get started?? With your permission, shall we???
What is Data Science?
To understand the definition of Data science, you have to know what data is? Did you hear the term “Data” on your computer? Yes, you are guessing it right! In simple words, Data is information that can be stored. Know what data science is? Data science is the method of utilizing and analyzing the data so that a solution can be discovered. Generally, the algorithm is used to find the answer or to resolve a complicated data problem. To make the concept more accessible, let see some example:
- For example, you are trying to book a taxi, but at that particular time taxi rate is relatively higher compared to the other time of the day. Now the question is, why was the fare so high at that specific time?
The answer to the question is: The cab fares were high at that particular time because the specific time is considered as peak time as most of the people are rushing off to work. This busy hour leads to increasing taxi fares. We all know this fact, but what is exceptional in it? How does the entire process implement? As I have already mentioned, Data science is the basis of the algorithm.
In this case study, the data science uses the pricing algorithm and hunt for the information of the neighborhood, which will be the busiest, so that they can start the search pricing to get more taxis available on the road.
- In data science, we probably profuse different methods in amalgamation for designing the algorithm. And with the help of an algorithm, most of the problem is solved. There is an exciting fact of Data science that is still unknown to you.
- Amazon analyses its customer search history and recommends the product that their customer can buy.
- You must be familiar with Netflix? Just like Amazon, Netflix also uses the watch history to suggest similar series to the viewer.
But who perform all this task of data science? Who analyses the data science? The answer is Data scientist. Let us have a look at who is a data scientist?
Who is a Data Scientist?
A data scientist is a person who collects the data so that they can develop, implement the machine learning algorithm. He is a person who is researches and analyses different data and utilizes the result to solve the problem. He/ she uses advanced predictive and statistical analysis for taking out the crucial information from an enormous amount of data.
A Data Scientist can generally incorporate neural and deep learning to develop the AI system. They are profuse with immense knowledge in both business and IT field. The demand for data scientists in India is relatively high. Hence, the salary of data science is also relatively high. Let’s have a quick look at the eligibility of Data scientists in India.
- He/ She should have proficient knowledge in statistics and mathematics.
- He/ she should have a good grip on data analytics, Databases, Machine learning algorithms.
- Good Command over Python, SQL, Scala, Hadoop, and R
- He/she should have substantial experience in data visualizations.
- 1 What is Data Science?
- 2 Who is a Data Scientist?
- 3 Responsibility of the Data scientist
- 4 What is the qualification required to become a Data scientist in India?
- 5 Skills should you have to become a data scientist in India?
- 6 What’s the Data Scientist job Outlook in India?
- 7 Data scientist salary
- 8 How can a certificate program in Data Science help flourish your career?
- 9 Tips to Build Your Data Science Resume
- 10 Complete overview of Becoming a Data scientist in India
- 11 Conclusion
Also check – How to become a pilot in india / How to become a politician in india
Responsibility of the Data scientist
While working with data science, the scientist generally uses the programming language to execute the statistics. For the execution of the statistics, the scientist can use either Python or R and some specific requirements. In India, the data scientist is credited with more salary compared to the software developer. The demand for a Data scientist in India and other countries is high because most companies need to gather customer information. They will require data collection, data cleaning, and processing, and all these things can only be done by a Data Scientist. Here is some more responsibility of a Data scientist.
- Data collection
- Capability of determining the data analytics solution that plays a significant role in the growth of the organisations.
- Clean and process of the data
- It is collecting vast data and converting it into potential information that can be used for the company’s growth.
- Repeat a method to resolve a problem and reduce the time.
- Execute techniques and methods of data science.
- A data scientist has the authorities to show unique and astounding information about the data, which was once a secret.
What is the qualification required to become a Data scientist in India?
After going through the responsibilities, you must have guessed the education qualification and skills of a Data scientist is quite an extensive list that can extend up to a universe. This means there is no end to their educational qualifications. Let’s dig deep into the numbers so that we can draw the nearest to the accurate picture. Here are the details about the academic skills required for being a data scientist in India.
According to the conducted research, it has been discovered that the 50% of data scientist in India have a degree on masters and 34% has a degree of bachelor. Only a portion of 6% has the degree of the PhD. If you plan to be a data scientist with academic background, you should have a degree in computer studies, economics, business studies, mathematics, statistics. This subject will be advantageous in the future. But the majority of employers prefer to hire the scientist who has real-life experience rather than the bunch of degrees.
Typically, the data scientist India can talk in 2.3 languages. 4 out of 5 people are trying the online programs, and the certification has helped them enhance their LinkedIn profile. This is evident that the accentuating significance of online data science training and the latest in-demand skills. It has been seen that around 79 % of men are data scientists in India. Hey, ladies, don’t be sad because, in a recent study, it has been confirmed that the number of women in data scientists is increasing.
In India, if you are planning to start your career as a data scientist with years of experience as a career in India, you will require seven years of experience int to this field. Those who are beginners, they dot have to worry about the 7-year experience. In this field of data science, you will be served with a plethora of job opportunities.
Skills should you have to become a data scientist in India?
Everyone who is taking data scientist as a profession should have the following skillset for a data scientist who incorporates the following:
- He /She should have advanced knowledge of excel.
- He/she should have robust confidence while working with Visualization tools like Tableau, and Power BI
- Soft skills are another essential skill that the person should own. A data scientist doesn’t mean the person has to work with data only. If you think so, then you are wrong. They should also have soft skills, and there is no such company that doesn’t prefer a self-sufficient employee. Your soft skills should include communication, the ability to draw a connection with the original platforms, and problem-solving.
- Last but not least, they should have proficiency in the scripting language.
There is the various language available for the data scientist. According to the latest news from IT, world Python is leading and ruling the market of the US and Europe, but in India, R has made its place in the first position. Everything is fine until you don’t know where you will get all these skills, especially if you are a beginner. You don’t have t worry, and there is an enormous option open for you. You can easily enroll your name in the qualification program or can take online courses. If you don’t want to go back to your school days, online courses are the most reliable and best way to commence the journey.
What’s the Data Scientist job Outlook in India?
Suppose we follow the report of The Hindu states. In that case, you will find around 97,000 data analytics job vacancies available in India, among which most of them are available in Delhi and Bengaluru. As the data science field progresses rapidly, the massive demand for data scientists is also increasing in different sectors like – Technology, industrial, etc.
Due to a lack of skills, employees fail to meet the company’s expectations, which left us with no surprise that an imperative section of data scientists in India has the opportunity to prove themselves in the last 24 hours. And this is a fact which cannot be changed. Hence if you have got the job as a data scientist in India, then I must say that your dart has struck the bull’s eye. But what about the salary structure? Let’s have a look.
Data scientist salary
According to the studies on the data scientist, the data scientist’s salary is the highest among all other professions. It is ranking no one for the last four years. The average salary of a data scientist is more than 1,000,000 rupees per year, and the number can go up to 2,000,000 per year for the advanced category data scientist. For a fresher, the salary can range between 6 to 8 lakhs per year.
Let’s look at some top companies that are hiring data scientists across the world so That you can make the easy choice.
- PayPal etc.
Here is some name of the Indian Companies who are hiring the Data Scientist
- Fractal Analytics.
- Crayon Data
- Wipro Ltd
- MU Sigma etc.
Apart from these names, many other companies hire data scientists urgently and offer the best salary package. The real says that it is tough to work as a data scientist for an Indian company. But will proper skill and education, you can easily face the challenges and overcome them.
How can a certificate program in Data Science help flourish your career?
Now that we have evaluated the career prospect of data science. Let’s jump into the way you can get the certification in Data Science.
The data science industry is growing at a rapid speed. Data is imperative than a Kohinoor diamond. The company that has utilized the information is standing one step ahead of the competition. This is the reason most people are investing in Data science and scientist. Many institutes are offering both online and offline training courses on Data Science.
The training materials which are provided to the students are being prepared under the guidance of the experts. The most important of enrolling in the training courses are the certifications. Now that you have completed the training, you will be awarded the credentials that will boost the weight of your resume.
Tips to Build Your Data Science Resume
Having the fitting instruction and abilities isn’t sufficient to find some work as an information researcher in India. It would be best if you put forth some additional attempts on the off chance that you need to fabricate a fantastic resume. Thus, here are a couple of thoughts on how to separate yourself from expected businesses.
- if you are an undergrad or fresher, attempt to get an information science entry-level position, regardless of whether it’s neglected. Your objective ought to be to gain industry experience that you will later apply in your lasting information science work;
- create a decent GitHub store and transfer our information science-related ventures and work there. Likewise, put your GitHub connect in your LinkedIn profile. It is a proper method to feature your work to forthcoming managers;
- participate in online information science rivalries. This will assist you with approving your learning and get some seen by bosses if it is a supported rivalry;
- attend nearby Data Science meetups that are occurring consistently in large urban areas like Bangalore, Pune, Delhi NCR. Attempt to connect with individuals – this can assist you with setting out open doors for yourself.
Complete overview of Becoming a Data scientist in India
Data scientist is a fascinating subject. It has many things and opportunities to offer us. Becoming a data scientist is not an easy task. You have to study all day long, and you have to spend more time searching for jobs and preparing for the interview. The most important thing that you need to polish your skill-sets, and on the other hand, you have to take some specific data science landscaping in India.
So here are we, at the end of the article. Hopefully, you have got enough information regarding how to become a data scientist in India. Data Scientist as a career has a golden future which will give you a strong future. But you have to study lots of things. To become a Data scientist, you have to polish your education and skill sets.
You have to finish the data science program. You can opt for online training courses. Most of the companies are hiring data scientists to support the organisation and boost the growth rate. In terms of data scientists, India is listed as one of the highest demanding countries. So what are you waiting for? Enroll your name and take a one step ahead towards a promising future.